The gray wolf, also known as the timber wolf or western wolf, is the largest species of wolf on the planet. Known for traveling in packs, each group of wolves has a dominant, or alpha, male and female. When a wolf senses another pack in the area, they let out a bellowing howl to confront them.
- History: Gray wolves are a common symbol in many different societies and mythologies throughout the world. Although some cultures revile them since they occasionally prey on livestock, the predominant opinion towards wolves is one of respect. In fact, early man's association and occasional companionship with the gray wolf was a key component in the eventual domestication of canines as household pets.
- Scientific Name: Canus lupus
- Characteristics: Painted with gorgeous accuracy, this gray wolf toy figurine would fit in perfectly with the forests and plains of Eurasia and North America. Its head lifted up, something has grabbed this curious canine's attention.
- Size: Standing 4.8 inches long, just under 2 inches wide, and 4.3 inches tall, this gray wolf toy statuette is about the size of a soda can resting on its side, albeit a bit shorter.
- The Gray Wolf is part of the Wild Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.